Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Special Needs Mother

Some days I dont know where I fall.  I dont consider my Aspie "special needs".  He can take care of most personal needs--even though that has been long in the making.  He can communicate.  Which has been an awesome event to watch unfold.  Everyday I realize just how blessed I am that he has came so far!  I remember the days of wondering around in a fog trying to figure out how to mother this child and now life has became so much easier.  And I am so thankful.  Finally, I dont have to shower several times a day to find a place to cry. Most of the time nowadays we are a "normal" family.  I still get sick to my stomach when I think back to the times of waiting for tests and therapies.  Back when the doctor told me that chances were my little boy would be on the severe end of the spectrum.  I am so glad that I changed doctors.  I remember finally telling God that I accepted being this mother--now help me!  Life is so much better now.

Then just when I think everything is fine.  It pops up.  Something triggers.  And I become hopeless.  Life events that are so simple for other mothers become a ballet on chards of glass for me.

This week will end.
This month will pass.
I want to go back home to normal.

1 comment:

  1. *deep sigh* I relate to so much of this. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!