Friday, December 3, 2010

First Grade Science

Right now in Bens science we are studying plants.  I decided to do a unit study to add along with the text...I guess I will save it for the spring...but do my research all winter.    I want to focus on our little family garden and preserving the fruits.  Last summer our garden was washed away in the spring rains.So I did not get to do my usual gardening and canning.  As my own vegetable supply has began to wither away I am planning for next years garden.  What a perfect opportunity for my children.  Not only to raise their own food but the knowledge of how to do so.  Our classroom will be moving out the garden for some of our learning. Come soon spring!!

How much can we actually get from our small garden area?
Watch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!