Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I don't know why this  post seems to be the hardest to write.
Maybe because there just aren't the right words to describe how I feel.

I blogged last week about  my visit to my neurologist. It was hopeless.  And negative.
Later that week I went in for a MRI that was supposed to be 45 minutes from arrival to departure.  Three and a half hours later I left.  Feeling scared.  The staff were perfect--at least how they are supposed to be.  Accommodating.  But emotionless.  Professional.  But un-informative.

Yesterday Bryan and I went to my results.  We were early.  The doctor was late.  My 9am appointment started at 9:45.  During those 45 minutes I updated Twitter.  Searched patterns for knitting on Ravelry.  And tried not to age ten years.

Finally the doctor steps in and says " I will be another moment--but lets clear the air--the report is good!"  I could have left at that point. I breathed again.

I wish I could get my MRI to post...I keep trying.
But the big news is:
--no new lesions
--one new lesion found is an old one missed before
--no negative activity showing.
--my Neuro visits are cut from every 3 months to once a year!!
--and he is no longer suggesting that  I start the shot therapy

Question of the Day:
Did I tell him about the StemCell treatment?
no
Why?
because it changes nothing for him.

What happens now?
Everyday...and every time it crosses my mind--which is often...I thank God.
for:
--helping me through these last 7 months
--for all of the big and small prayers answered during that time
--for all of my support during that time...my family and friends
--for guiding me to treatment and the right doctor
--and for allowing the treatment to work
--and for each of you that believed along with me...I tried to stay away from anyone who accepted my diagnosis as final.

10 comments:

  1. I love it...I love it....I love it! This is by far the best blog post I have read ALL day! PTL....over and over again! You have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! And thanks for praying with/for me!

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for you Renee. Wish we had time to talk today, sorry. God has been so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie...and yes we need to get together!

      Delete
  3. THANK GOD! Thrilled to hear your good news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a mommy of little guys I know you get it!

      Delete
  4. So Wonderful - Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling me about Stemgenex!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PTL ~ I stand amazed at HIS power!
    Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyday I am still amazed...and sometimes wonder if it all wasnt just a bad dream...but I know it wasnt.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!