Thursday, July 22, 2010

Almost our third week!!

So everyone is asking...are you sure you are going to homeschool?  Uh yeah...we have bought all of this stuff and joined a co-op....and been schooling everyday :)  I haven't got to blog our activities because I have been so busy tying up my last weddings. 

Anyway here is my latest Target Dollar Spot find...a pocket chart!!!!  Loving it!  And getting way more than a dollars worth of use out of it!
Today we began an unit study on Australia.  In a few weeks we will be doing a field trip to Kentucky Down Under.  So today we learned  where Australia is on the world map in relation to where we are.  We also talked about boomerangs, dingos, kangaroos, and other animals that are found there. 
Monday I found this counting chart at KSS and look it has a kangaroo on it!!
Me and little bud...he is forever trying to do school too! He does the phonic sounds along with us--he may accidentally learn to read!

I have been giving the boys their "Smart Bucks" during class...then after class I punch their cards the number of SBs they earn.  A completed card is worth $3.  {price of a Happy Meal :)}
So summer is going along great...busy, hot and successful.
I have so much to be thankful for and I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!